The Inventory Department at Elliott Electric Supply has an immediate opening for an Inventory Assistant/Buyer This is an entry-level hourly position.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Purchasing material for store location stock using proprietary inventory software
- Reviewing inventory stock level information for potential adjustments
- Verifying accurate order entry by suppliers and confirming acceptable ETA's for material
- Communicating with store management and personnel regarding daily inventory needs
- Communication with suppliers in regards to products, pricing, freight terms, etc
- Updating supplier contact information as needed
Other duties may be assigned by your immediate supervisor or the Inventory Manager as needed.
The successful applicant will have some or all of the following traits or skills:
- Minimum requirement of a High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to transition from task to task seamlessly
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing as well as verbally
- Basic business related math skills, I.e. how to figure margin, markup, discount amount and percentage etc
- Ability to remain at a computer workstation for lengthy periods of time
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team
- A customer service mentality
In addition to some or all of the above the PREFERRED applicant may also have the following:
- Previous experience with an electrical distributor or other industrial wholesaler
- Formal education in materials management, industrial distribution or a related course of study
- Experience in the electrical field as an installer, service tech, etc
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs or equivalent
Normal work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM, subject to changes by your immediate supervisor or the Inventory Manager.
Hourly wage will be based on previous experience and skill set of the applicant.
All applicants MUST complete the on-line application and include a resume. Applications without a resume attached will not be reviewed or considered. Any in-person meetings with applicants must be scheduled in advance.
Job Type: Full-Time
Seth Canfield (936)569-1184
Location: Nacogdoches, TX (Corporate Office) (00)
Apply For This Position