The Job Title will be Wire Cutter
The wire cutter will need to be a self-starter and a take charge type of person. They will need to be able to work with very limited supervision. This person will need to do whatever it takes to meet the requirements of the wire cutting task. They will be responsible for cutting wire to customer specific lengths from master reels. They will insure the wire is cut to the specific length and free of nicks and defects. The wire will range from #6 to 750mcm, single conductor, mostly copper, but with some aluminum. Also included will be bare ground wire, Romex, ACSR, SER, SEU, URD, Aluminum Service Drop (Duplex, Triplex and Quad), and portable cord. They will responsible for maintaining master reel stock on wire rack and also on the overstock shelf. This person will maintain wire cutting logs and other paperwork as per Elliott Electric procedures and processes. They will be responsible for maintaining the wire cutting equipment, cleanliness and orderliness of the wire cutting area. They will communicate all needs to maintain wire cutting area and efficiency. Other responsibilities will include re-stocking shelves with product. This will include wire and non-wire electrical products. Other duties will include sweeping, cleaning and various other warehousing type jobs.
The wire cutter will be expected to meet the following qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of electrical wire sizes and types.
- Prior experience with cutting wire to specific lengths.
- Knowledge of wire cutting and spooling machinery.
- A very detailed and organized person.
- Able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to operate a forklift and pass an in-house certification program.
- Able to lift 50-75 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods at a time.
- Team player.
- Able to communicate with fellow workers and supervisors.
- Able to pass a drug screen and background check.
Job Type: Full-Time
Randall Hawkins (214)503-7227
Location: Dallas, TX (6)
Apply For This Position