Summary: The Wire Room Associate is responsible for fulfilling all wire orders that come through the DFW Regional Distribution Center.
- Maintain organization and housekeeping of wire room area.
- Restock and replenish wire on wire cutting racks.
- Verify accuracy of receiving documents with actual physical material brought to department by receiving associates.
- Verify full reels shipping to EES stores on transfer orders (2nd Shift).
- Answer phone calls that come through the wire room in a courteous, polite and professional manner.
- Thoroughly examine order to accurately determine appropriate size reel and type, size and color of wire needed to complete order.
- Correctly measure wire, load wire on machine and operate all machinery in a safe manner that is in compliance with company safety standards.
- Properly label all completed wire cuts with applicable information, including customer label.
- Carefully unload empty reels and reload new reels onto the machine.
Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent preferred. A minimum of one year experience in the electrical industry and/or knowledge of electrical products beneficial. Strong mathematical ability. Basic familiarity with the use of a personal computer. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Demonstrated time management and organizational skills, including an ability to plan and manage multiple priorities simultaneously. Ability to perform duties with minimal or no supervision. Must have a professional and courteous attitude. Must be an energetic team player and able to work with diverse personalities. Forklift and other heavy machinery certification obtained within one month of start date.
Physical Requirements: Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time. Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone. Ability to bend, climb, push, and pull, including the ability to maneuver at heights and in tight or small places. Ability to routinely lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh up to 50 lbs. and that may occasionally weigh in excess of 75 lbs.
Job Type: Full-Time
Cedrica Fields (972)206-0016
Location: Farmers Branch, TX (DFW RDC - 34)
Apply For This Position