Ensures appropriate merchandise to be delivered is pulled from inventory and packaged properly for shipment.
- Ensures that merchandise loaded on his/her truck is as listed on the Ship Ticket.
- Verifies delivery route and various stops on a daily basis with warehouse manager by utilizing computerized Delivery Manifest.
- Delivers merchandise to customers using route based on efficient use of time, gasoline, and customer priority.
- Drives in a careful and skillful manner so cargo and vehicle are protected against damage.
- Unloads truck for customers at each stop.
- Verifies that merchandise being unloaded is correct and accounted for based on the Ship Ticket and has customer acknowledge receipt of material by signing the Ship Ticket and/or Delivery Manifest
- Performs daily detailed inspection of vehicle to ensure general maintenance and safety of vehicle. Notifies warehouse manager of any discrepancies.
- Ensures proper product is pulled and delivered to customers.
- Verifies most efficient delivery routes, departure times, and return times with warehouse manager.
- Drives in a skillful manner.
- Completes job in the time allocated.
- Maintains “Vehicle Maintenance Log” and “Driver’s Daily Log” as required by procedure.
- Attends all safety training programs.
- Consults with warehouse manager to ensure that vehicles are on a strict maintenance schedule.
- Keeps vehicles exterior and interior clean.
- Prepares reports of over/under or incorrect shipments to customers.
Approved Motor Vehicle Report obtained by Human Resource Dept. with no more than 1 violation. MVR checked twice a year – July and December.
- Mature, neat, professional appearance.
- Excellent interpersonal & customer relations skills.
- Courteous, friendly & helpful to customers and co- workers.
- No history of drug or alcohol use.
- Subject to Random drug test administered at least annually.
- Complies with Elliott Electric Dress Code for Drivers.
- Heavy lifting may be required. This is a safety sensitive position, the ability to work in a constant state of awareness and in a safe manner is imperative.
Job Type: Full-Time
Aaron Perry (470)237-5352
Location: Atlanta, GA (46)
Apply For This Position