The Deductions Representative works within the Deduction Group of Inventory Control Department to ensure material is costed correctly, make sure ship & debit rebate programs are executed accurately and work on any special projects as assigned by the Deduction Manager. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail, time-management skills and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Investigate cost discrepancies between our purchase order and vendor invoice as well as end user invoice cost issues.
- Research rebate claim rejections and work to ensure they do not happen in the future. Also work with vendor to keep rebate account within company policy.
- Load SPAs, make sure electronic transfer of SPA data is correct and answer questions from the salesforce related to discounted costs.
- Review vendor chargebacks related to SPA claim and cost debit disputes.
- Determine why variances exist on account log and work with salesforce and/or accounts payable department to correct.
- Research the average cost report dollar discrepancies and report back to the Deduction Manager on catalogs that need further investigation. Also investigate transaction history of flagged catalogs for source of issue.
Be knowledgeable in the Credit Reconciliation Representative role and able to assist with Credit Reconciliations when needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Degree in business/finance/accounting preferred
- Previous experience in electrical or other industrial wholesale is a plus but not required.
- Previous experience with electrical products, either in the electrician field, in a retail or wholesale setting a plus but not required.
- Any previous experience with inventory or materials management is a plus.
- Specific Skills
- Must work well with others, face to face, as well as via telephone and email
- Superior attention to detail and must maintain focus for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to move from project to project while utilizing multiple programs seamlessly while following through to completion.
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge required with a heavy emphasis on Excel.
- A positive attitude and a customer service mindset are necessary.
Job Type: Full-Time
Melanie Thompson (936)569-1184
Location: Nacogdoches, TX (Corporate Office) (00)
Apply For This Position