- Support warehouse operations by transporting materials over designated routes; ensuring safe operation of vehicles.
- Provide excellent customer service by making prompt and courteous deliveries of customer orders.
- Ensure material loaded on the truck is as listed on the ship ticket and delivery manifest and is secured for safe transport from the store to the delivery location.
- Unload materials for customers at each delivery location in an orderly fashion while verifying that the material being unloaded is correct based on the ship ticket.
- Perform daily detailed inspection of vehicle to ensure general maintenance and safety of the vehicle.
In addition to making deliveries, all drivers will be responsible for all aspects of warehouse functions- including the receiving, storing, handling, shipping, and preparing of products for customer delivery while maintaining the warehouse in a safe and orderly fashion.
Pay is weekly.
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability Insurance, as well as a 401k program, are available to full-time employees
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Must have a valid driver’s license in state of residence with a minimum of three (3) years of driving history.
Must have experience as a professional delivery driver of 1-ton and /or 2-ton trucks with extended trailers.
Must have an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) with no type A violation; or no more than one (1) type B violation in the past three (3) years.
Must be able to read, comprehend, write, perform calculations, input accurately, reason, and analyze. Must be able to function independently, completing a variety of tasks accurately and with close attention to detail in a team environment.
Physical Requirements: Frequent driving is required. Visits to customers will expose drivers to all types of weather conditions. Must be aware of each customer’s delivery environment and adhere to all proper safety regulations since there will be occasional exposure to events such as excessive noise and moving machinery. Frequent walking, bending, squatting, climbing, and kneeling will be required, as well as lifting and handling of objects up to 50 pounds. Occasional pushing, pulling, and reaching will be required, as well as occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds. Must possess the ability to work in a constant state of alert and in a safe manner.
Job Type: Full-Time
DJ McHarry (254)554-5958
Location: Killeen, TX (48)
Apply For This Position