The Inventory Control Department at Elliott Electric Supply has an immediate opening for an Inventory Assistant .This is an entry-level, hourly position.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Use Backorder and Action Reports to review and place orders for select vendors within a particular product group.
- Verify that all orders have been received by the vendor/vendor rep.
- Ensure that orders ship in a timely manner and/or find solutions for any material that has unreasonable ship dates.
- Perform special buys, such as promotions, merchandisers, etc.
- Special projects outside of the day to day purchasing may be assigned to the buyer by the Category manager or Product manager.
- Investigate cost discrepancies between our purchase order and vendor invoice as well as end user invoice cost issues.
- Research rebate claim rejections and work to ensure they do not happen in the future. Also work with vendor to keep rebate account within company policy.
Other duties may be assigned by your immediate supervisor or the Inventory Manager as needed.
The successful applicant will have some or all of the following traits or skills:
- Minimum requirement of a High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to transition from task to task seamlessly
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing as well as verbally
- Basic business related math skills, I.e. how to figure margin, markup, discount amount and percentage etc
- Ability to remain at a computer workstation for lengthy periods of time
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team
- A customer service mentality
In addition to some or all of the above the PREFERRED applicant may also have the following:
- Degree in business finance or accounting
- Previous experience in electrical or other industrial wholesale
- Previous experience with electrical products, either in the electrician field, in a retail, or wholesale setting
- Formal education in materials management, industrial distribution or a related course of study
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs or equivalent
Normal work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM, subject to changes by your immediate supervisor or the Inventory Manager.
Hourly wage will be based on previous experience and skill set of the applicant.
All applicants MUST complete the on-line application and include a resume. Any in-person meetings with applicants must be scheduled in advance.
Job Type: Full-Time
Melanie Thompson (936)569-1184
Location: Nacogdoches, TX (Corporate Office) (00)
Apply For This Position