We are looking to expand our Technical Writing team in effort to better provide our employees with documentation and resources regarding policies, procedures and internally developed software. Our writers work on newly developed software, while also maintaining documentation for existing and evolving projects. The writing team works with senior management to document and maintain company policies and procedures. The produced content must be easy to read, accurate and detailed. Therefore, candidates will need to have strong written and verbal communication skills, be detail oriented, and have a strong sense of document layout and design fundamentals.
The Writing team is tasked with writing guides, manuals, brochures, training materials, and other technical pieces of literature or multimedia for audiences of varied technical backgrounds.
Our writers work with software developers and senior management to create detailed and legible documentation for our internal software, policies and procedures. They elicit document content and requirements through interviews, existing systems documentation and testing.
To produce our content, we operate within creative software environments such as Microsoft Office and Adobe. This content is then published through a Content Management System, email or print to make produced material understandable and easily accessible.
- The ability to proofread and edit literary works.
- An affinity toward working with creative software, such as Microsoft Office and Adobe.
- The ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms.
- Have the initiative to ask questions, seek out information and learn new skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Adhere to a Mon - Fri, 8am to 5pm schedule (flexible).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of graphic design, page layout, and multimedia software.
- Experience with electricians or electrical distribution.
- Exprience working with software development teams.
Job Type: Full-Time
Phillip Hale (936)715-4010
Location: Nacogdoches, TX (NacSpace - ERP - 167)
Apply For This Position