Suggested Color Applications for HID Lamps
The following guide conists of the primary suggested color types for HID lamps for various applications and areas.
- Clear Mercury
- Landscape lighting, specialized floodlighting such as copper roofs.
- DX Mercury
- Stores, public spaces. Note, however, that Multi-vapor (MV) is preferred for this application.
- Stores, public spaces, industrial, gymnasiums, floodlighting signs and buildings, parking areas, sports, etc.
- Same as MV -- but a warmer color -- diffuse coating reduces brightness.
- Street lighting, parking areas, industrial, floodlighting, security, CCTV.
- Floodlighting, parking areas, indoor/outdoor pedestrian malls, industrial security, roadway applications.