Summary: Support warehouse operations by transporting materials over designated routes; ensuring safe operation of vehicles, and loading and unloading orders. Provide excellent customer service by making prompt and courteous deliveries of customer orders.
- -Ensure that material loaded on the truck is as listed on the Ship Ticket and Delivery Manifest and is secured for safe transport from store to delivery location.
- -Load material on the truck with the last stop closest to the cab and the first stop material closest to the lift gate.
- -Pay close attention to departure times and return times, calling the Driver Supervisor with any questions or issues.
- -Deliver material to customers using pre-determined route.
- -Unload material for customers at each delivery location in an orderly fashion while verifying that material being unloaded is correct based on the Ship Ticket.
- -Ensure customer acknowledges receipt of material by obtaining a legible signature on the Ship Ticket and/or Delivery Manifest
- -Notate any shipping discrepancies on Ship ticket and/or Delivery Manifest and notifies manager upon return of customer returns and explanations for returns.
Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Must have a valid Driver’s License in state of residence with a minimum of three (3) years driving history. Must have an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR) with no type A violations; or no more than one (1) type B violation in the past three (3) years. Must be able to read, comprehend, write, perform calculations, input accurately, reason, and analyze. Ability to function independently, completing a variety of tasks accurately, and with close attention to detail in a team environment.
Physical Requirements: Frequent driving is required. Visits to customers will expose the incumbent to all types of weather conditions. Must be aware of each customer’s environment and adhere to the proper safety regulations since there will be occasional exposure to events such as excessive noise and movingmachinery. Frequent walk, bend, squat, climb, and kneel. Occasional pushing, pulling, and reaching Handling of objects and lifting of up to 50 pounds. Occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds.
Job Type: Full-Time
Cedrica Fields (972)206-0016
Location: Farmers Branch, TX (DFW RDC - 34)
Apply For This Position